Mindspace is looking for a skilled engineer that has particular experience building and deploying large-scale, production Node applications. We are a small, independent company focused on the future of education and training.
Our new learning platform, Fathom, is being used by a few of the largest organizations in the world. You will help our team by developing new features, and scaling to more users and organizations with your expertise, as well as educating and coaching our development team.
Keys to success
- Experience developing and debugging Node in a large-scale production environment
- You enjoy collaborating on ideas, thinking through problems, and offering a hand to those who need it
- Contribute to application architecture with a keen eye on scalability
- Produce modular, well-tested, and documented code
- You are proactive – you know what needs to get done and can make it happen
- You are a team player – you enjoy learning as well as teaching and collaborating
- You are a great communicator
- You understand and can explain various methods of flow control in Node
- You enjoy working on a small team and wearing a variety of hats
- AWS devops chops
- our toolchain includes Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, SQS etc
- Core dump analysis, or linux perf experience
- React JS experience
- You’ve created, maintained or contributed to npm modules (with links!)
- Experience wringing the most out of mongodb, you’ve hit some pitfalls and know how to avoid them. Experience with sharding a plus.
Mindspace is headquartered in Tempe, AZ with an office in Portland, and team members in Seattle, and Virginia. We are currently looking for folks in the Portland area. We have great benefits, believe in the weekend, and value diverse opinions and backgrounds.
Apply by sending your cover letter, Github profile, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.